Saturday, August 12, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 20

30 Day Sobriety Solution: Day 20
Woot woot! I'm two-thirds of the way done! And I am happy to see today's topic... The Gratitude Solution. This isn't the first time I've worked on recognizing what I am grateful for. I've been journaling on and off for for many, many years now, and in lots of those journal entries, I would write down what I was grateful for at the end, basically to end on a positive note. So let's get down to it.

Action Step #1: List 25 or more things you are grateful for:
  1. That I still own my home.
  2. That I have no credit card debt.
  3. That I was able to refinance my home and save money.
  4. My cat.
  5. My friends.
  6. My parents.
  7. That my house is picked up.
  8. That I have maintained sobriety for 46 days (it will be 47 in a few hours!)
  9. That I woke up without a hangover.
  10. That I have lost almost 35 pounds since January 3rd.
  11. That I have walked at least 5 days a week for 7 weeks straight.
  12. That I ran across the "30 Day Sobriety Solution."
  13. The supportive people I have come across in the forum.
  14. My long hair.
  15. That my health problems are manageable.
  16. My electronics (laptop, iphone, ipad, TV, and Roku).
  17. The games I can play on my electronics!
  18. All the televisions show and movies available to watch!
  19. The flexibility of my work hours and the ability to work from home.
  20. My relationship with my boss.
  21. The library. (Free books!)
  22. The city I live in.
  23. That I have learned to become a better cook.
  24. That I had the experiences I had in high school and college.
  25. That I got the opportunity to be in a commercial once upon a time.
It started getting not as easy halfway through, but I managed to think of some more!

Action Step #2: When you wake up in the morning, think about 5 or more things that you are grateful for (and spend a few minutes actually feeling grateful):
Well, obviously that won't happen until tomorrow. I'll try to write about that tomorrow. I'm going to set a reminder on my phone to do that so I won't forget!

Action Step #3: Tell someone how much you appreciate them either face-to-face, on the phone, in an email, or by writing a letter:
Well, it's after midnight, so I can't exactly call someone or go see someone right at the moment! So I sent a message to someone I have regularly been in touch with on the companion site that has routinely checked in on me. I do really appreciate them!


Ok, now I do have a confession. I was supposed to be reviewing my Total Sobriety Affirmation from Day 18 daily, in the morning, in the afternoon, and before bed, and yesterday I only did it once. Today, I've only done it once. This whole 3 times a day thing doesn't appear to be my jam. 

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment