Tuesday, July 18, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 1

30-Day Sobriety Solution Day 1
Welcome to my official journal for The 30-Day Sobriety Solution: How to Cut Back or Quit Drinking in the Privacy of Your Own Home. Here I will be writing down the answers to action step exercises, and sharing my thoughts on the content for the day, as well as my progress and setbacks.

Today was Day 1, the 100% Solution. (Well, actually yesterday was because it's after 2AM now! I'm such a night owl.) I've already been completely sober 21 days. I had already intended to stay sober for 30 days, but then I ran across this book, and the program requires staying sober for at least 30 days. There is nothing saying it has to coincide with the daily reading and action items. In fact, one of the first action items is to decide during the first week when you will stop drinking for the 30 days. Regardless, I might just stay off the sauce for a few weeks longer to complete the entire program. That will be a total of 51 days. And then we will see if I choose to drink. Obviously, I have not committed to staying sober long term. I would like to try to see if I can moderate. But I am absolutely 100% committed to completing this program and staying sober for at least 30 days!

You can chose to do the program in 60 or 90 days, but given that I already have three weeks sober down, I guess I sort of want to get through this as fast as I can. That seems like a selfish and dumb idea just in an effort to get back to drinking sooner. But also, maybe it is me making a concerted decision to focus on this every day.  So 30 days it is.

Now, I was supposed to listen to the Time Travel Technique guided exercise. And I did. You listen to it with your eyes closed and relaxed breathing. At this time of night (or day, really), it doesn't matter what position you are in, you get sleepy, right? I was supposed to imagine my self at 5 years and then at other years. I honestly just couldn't get into it. My first setback I suppose. But I m just going to resolve to revisit this exercise again in the near future.

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment