Wednesday, August 9, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 18

30-Day Sobriety Solution: Day 18 - The Affirmation Solution
Well, it is so nice to see the double-digits continue, and getting almost into the 20s! And I am so glad I gave myself permission just to read the chapter and not take copious notes. I was feeling like this was so time-consuming. Some nights I would spend upwards of five hours on it! It's not like I quit my job to do this, right?!? So, I'm feeling good about today. The last two days, or maybe even more than that were rough. Feeling more positive today. I don't know if I am exactly doing this right, but it said don't worry about being perfect! As long as I am positive and in the present tense, I am good with it for the moment!

Action Step #1: write your Total Sobriety Affirmation:

I have a clear mind so that I can easily make informed decisions.
I am vibrant and full of happiness.
I feel amazing both mentally and physically.
My sleep is peaceful and comforting.
Creativity flows through me.
My humor is amplified.
I treat myself with forgiveness, compassion, and self-love.
I am grateful and proud that I have maintained sobriety.
I have stayed sober for 60 days in a row, allowing my authenticity to shine.
I have completed the program's readings daily and finished the action steps.
I look myself in the mirror daily and tell myself that I love myself and I forgive myself so that my appreciation for myself, happiness, and self-reliance continues to grow.
It is easier to have a fun and exciting life while sober.
I am just as fun, cool, and likable as I want to be in sobriety.
Sex is more exciting when my senses are intensified through sobriety.
My anxiety is better with long-term sobriety.
I am a normal person that just requires some extra assistance to be a normal drinker.
I have fun and am naturally inspired and passionate about life in sobriety.
I am relieved that I am healthy, I am at a normal weight, and my bloodwork has stabilized.
I easily and happily order a club soda in any social situation.
I exude unwavering self-confidence in sobriety.

Action Step #2: Use your Total Sobriety Affirmation daily:
I plan to write my Total Sobriety Affirmation on notecards and/or print it out. I will read it aloud in the morning, in the afternoon, and before bed. I will record my affirmations to listen to while walking. When I catch myself complaining, blaming, justifying bad behavior, or engaging in negative self-talk, I will review my affirmations. The more I repeat them, the better. I will ask questions, as we learned on Day 16 about my affirmations. When possible, I will supercharge my affirmations by using visualization, feeling the emotions, and using tapping.

Action Step #3: Listen to the thriving-in-sobriety guided affirmations:
So I did that. I just can't seem to really get into these visualization things. Maybe it will come with time.

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment