Friday, August 4, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 14

30 Day Sobriety Solution: Day 14 - Review Day & Bonus Solution
Ahhh, another review day. Weekly relief! And a very short chapter read, at that! However, I went back to the companion site and reviewed everything and read my journal entries, and that ended up taking me longer than expected! It was good to review though. I found some videos that I had missed. I practiced tapping again. And now I am supposed to write for at least 5 minutes. :)

It was good to go back through the summaries and what I wrote. It reminded me of some things I had already forgotten about, and I'm sure it reinforced what I learned.

The Bonus Solution is the Relapse Solution. I skimmed it over. There are not any action steps, but it will be a good resource when I get closer to 60 days, and then closer to my cousin's wedding, because I'm not really sure at that point what my decision will be to drink or not to drink. I actually thought about having a vodka soda, and I really didn't want it. It's almost like I am scared to drink it again. Almost like the girl I was in high school. Afraid of how I will respond. Afraid it will mess things up. Will one drink send me down the rabbit hole? Am I fooling myself that I don't have a desire to drink? Will I fail at this whole program? Well, there I go, doubting myself. Not believing in myself. So nope!!!...

This. time. is. different. I love myself, I believe in myself, I forgive myself, and I accept myself. Even though my regular life continues on, I spend time every day working on myself, working to stick to my core values, change my thoughts, and eliminate my limiting beliefs. I choose to be sober right now. I choose to work on myself. I choose to be free.

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment