Sunday, August 6, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 16

30-Day Sobriety Solution: Day 16 - The Quality Question Solution
Well, obviously I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday. The good news is that I was really was not close to grabbing a drink. That's the number one thing I don't want to give up on. I was just frustrated with the emotions of all this work. My perfectionist self was is rearing its ugly head. I was confusing 100% commitment with 100% perfect. As tonight rolled around, I almost decided not to do anything at all because I needed a break. But then I remembered that one of my goals was to at least read the chapter and write in my journal for five minutes. So, I decided that I no longer need to take copious (a.k.a. perfectionist) notes. I mean, I was taking up to 2 hours to read and write these notes sometimes! Luckily it was one of the shorter chapters, and wow, that didn't take long at all! Good plan! So now, I have plenty of time to get to these Quality Question SOlution action steps!

Action Step #1: Make a list of the questions you ask yourself that contain negative presuppositions:

  • Why do I drink so much?
  • Why can't I lose weight and be healthier?
  • Why is it impossible to be sober and have a fun and exciting life?
  • Why am I not fun, cool, or likable without alcohol?
  • Why does sex sober suck?
Action Step #2: Write empowering questions:
  • How can I thrive in sobriety?
  • How can I be healthier and achieve my ideal weight while loving the process?
  • How can I be sober and have fun and excitement in my life?
  • How can I be fun, cool, and likable when I'm sober?
  • How can sex be more exciting in sobriety?
Action Step #3: Write your 30-Day Vision Statement question in a question format:
  • How will I have a clear mind, be vibrant, and be full of happiness?
  • How will I feel amazing both mentally and physically?
  • How will my sleep be comforting and peaceful?
  • How will creativity flow through me?
  • How will my humor be amplified?
  • How will I treat myself with forgiveness, compassion, and self-love?
  • How will I be grateful that I have maintained my sobriety?
Well, my vision statement is long, so I have a lot of questions! The better news is that, even though I have to ask these questions several times a day, I am done reviewing the original vision statement and "new me" journal entry because it's already been two weeks! Wow, that makes me feel good too!

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment