Wednesday, August 2, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 12

30 Day Sobriety Solution: Day 12
I am glad the reading and the action steps are a lot shorter today. Yesterday was intense. So let's get right to it...  The Subconscious Mind Solution...

Action Step #1: Reprogram yourself for success before bed:

I will read my 30-day vision statement, goals, forgiveness affirmation, new beliefs, and "new me" before I go to bed so my subconscious has a chance to reprogram overnight with fresh visualizations.

Action Step #2:Complete all the guided imagery exercises for past solutions, if you have not done so already, and review past solutions and explore how they are already helping to reprogram your subconscious.

I think I already did all of them. I'll check out the companion site to see if I missed anything. I can absolutely see that what I have learned so far is helping to reprogram my subconscious.

Action Step #3: Identify your subconscious drinking links by writing down times, places, and emotional states (happy, sad, angry, bored) you were in when you used to drink and when you really craved a drink, and try to recall incidents from your childhood that helped create these links:

My drinking was often linked to getting done with work. It didn't matter if at home or at a social event. And honestly I would drink for any emotional state! The cravings were worse on the weekend... because "it's the weekend! I should be able to drink! I don't have to work!" It appears to me that I have truly developed a habit. I don't have those strong cravings anymore just because I'm getting off work or it's the weekend. It's amazing how it's already changed.

There was absolutely nothing from my childhood that I remember that showed me drinking was a good thing. My parents did not drink! Well, my father had a drinking problem, but he quit before I was 2 years old. I have no memories of him drinking at all. He drinks now, by the way, but very moderately, and didn't start again until I was in my 30s, he was in his 50s! I think yesterday, I really hit on what from my childhood influenced my problem drinking later in life. It was somewhat of an epiphany because I always wondered how I got to where I was when I didn't really drink in my youth.

I'm off to check out the companion site forums so I can catch up on some responses!

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment