Friday, July 21, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Day 3

30-Day Sobriety Solution: Day 3
Completely understanding this pendulum solution. Not that I really like it. I hate that we have to feel pain to appreciate pleasure. I hate that we get tricked into the temporary pleasure of overindulging in alcohol, only for that pendulum to swing further into that pain when it fades away. I suppose someday I will think of experiencing that extreme as a gift. It's a little hard to feel that way now.

I did as instructed and re-read my "before me" and "new me" journal entries from Day 2. I'm not quite sure if my "before me" is associated with enough major pain, or if my "new me" is associated with descriptive and specific enough pleasure to be as effective as possible, but it's all I can pull together right now. I really did try to actually feel both. I really do feel like I need to keep reading my "before me" for a while to remind me of the pain.

Soooo, lastly, I'm supposed to journal a quit-drinking strategy... a detailed action plan to stay sober. I've already managed to stay sober for 25 days without any sort of an action plan. I just made up my mind. I do drink club soda and lime instead of vodka sodas. I even still have alcohol in the house, and I haven't touched it. I feel like I am sounding conceited, like it's been a breeze for me. And not to say I don't have any cravings, but they have become less and less. But I might just be in a fuzzy pink cloud stage, leading me to think that I've got so much going for me, that I've come this far, and that it's only going to get easier. I know logically it is not, so I should really have a plan here.

QUIT-DRINKING STRATEGY
What I am going to do to stay sober and when I have a craving:
  • I will distract myself with other things, such a game, calling someone, hobbies, or taking a walk.
  • I will have a club soda and lime, even at home, so it feels like I am having a vodka soda.
  • I will reach out to my friends who do not drink as much to do non-alcohol related activities.
  • I will find new opportunities for sober social events to meet new people like me.
  • I can call my mother for support.
  • Each week I stay sober, I get a special chocolate or dessert.
  • At 60 days sober, I will treat myself to some sort of spa service.
  • I will put away $1 for every day I stay sober, and buy something special with it after a year.
It might need adjusting. It likely needs to be more specific. But I'm going with this for now.

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment