Friday, July 28, 2017

30-Day Sobriety Solution Journal: Dayyyyyyy.....

...I don't know. Day freaking 8. That's it. Day 8 out of 30. I'm feeling a bit deflated and exhausted. I don't even have the energy to put up an image for today's post. It's after 3 am, I just finished the reading, and I just cannot bring myself to doing the action steps. My brain, I swear, literally hurts. I don't want to half-ass it to get it done, and I am freaking overwhelmed and tired. It is intense. I feel like I should be able to do this at my own pace, but I am supposed to write in my journal every night regardless of how long I am taking to do this.

I think this is supposed to keep me busy instead of drinking as well. Trust that I have plenty of other things to do! I haven't been doing anything for months. I'm on a backlog here! That's why it's after 3 am because I had a million and one other things to do today!

And I've been sober for over 30 days now, and I don't have cravings. I'm not trying to get cocky, but I'm certainly not standing on the edge of the cliff waiting to dive off into a cocktail. Ironically with today's topic, I could be using sheer willpower still, and that won't last.  I know that. But I have to know my limitations. I'm not quitting the program because it's "too hard." I just can't do action items every day. Am I seriously supposed to get 4 hours of sleep a night to do this? I don't think so.

I'm tired. I'm PMSing. I just can't. I'm only writing because I made a goal that I would at least journal for 5 minutes every night, and I'm done. Action steps tomorrow. Peace...

Until tomorrow...
Aspiring Reformed Party Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment